December 5, 2015 | 15:30-17:00 CET
Investing in integrated landscapes to achieve the SDGs
The Global Landscapes Forum | Paris
Putting money where our Landscapes are
The emphasis on collaborative planning and action in Integrated Landscape Management makes it a sensible, and practical mechanism for achieving multiple social outcomes envisioned by the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. However, shared financing from multiple stakeholder groups is necessary to motivate collaboration and implement coordinated action items.
Connecting stakeholders and investors in landscapes
Progress in the rise of landscape-scale partnerships and in the growing interest in investing in integrated landscapes has potential to make Sustainable Development a cornerstone of landscape management. How can these two trends be effectively merged to generate the best outcomes for society, businesses and for conservation?
Some of the key questions in this conversation are:
- How are investments coordinated within integrated landscape initiatives?
- How can investors better engage with landscape stakeholders?
- How can these models be scaled-up and applied in the implementation of the SDGs?
Panel seeks to build bridges between finance and landscape management
EcoAgriculture President Sara Scherr and Director of Policy and Markets Seth Shames, will join a panel of rural development and sustainable finance specialists to bridge the gap between well-intentioned investing and integrated landscape initiatives.
This Discussion Forum will offer insights on:
- how investments are coordinated within integrated landscape initiatives;
- how investors can better engage with those who have a stake in the landscape;
- some of the most innovative funds and partnerships in this space and describe how they function;
- how these efforts can be improved and up-scaled;
- how such models for investment can be applied in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
New LPFN research will be presented to delve into the subjects of:
- Integrated Landscape Management as a means of implementation for the SDGs
- Models for investment in integrated landscapes
Can’t wait? In the meantime…
Financing Strategies for Integrated Landscapes Management: Synthesis Report.
Defining Integrated Landscape Management for Policymakers